The issuance speed for BlueCerts powered by SwissSign certificates depends on the certificate type and reaches from a few seconds up to 10 business days for certificates, which require an intensive manual verification of the requester, of the organization or of the domain. These deadlines are valid after reception of the registration documents by BlueCerts and can be held under the exclusive condition that all documents are correct and complete.
An exception are those certificates with automated issuance, which do not require submission of documents (eg. domain-validated-only SSL). These certificates are usually issued immediately.
Issuance speed for SSL Certificates:
- BLUE SSL DV: a few seconds or minutes
- BLUE SSL DV Wildcard: up to 2 business days
- BLUE SSL OV: up to 2 business days
- BLUE SSL OV Wildcard: up to 2 business days
- BLUE SSL EV (Extended Validation): 5 to 10 business days
Issuance speed for Personal Certificates:
- BLUE E-MAIL Certificat: up to 2 business days
- BLUE E-MAIL Certificat Pro: up to 2 business days
- BLUE E-MAIL Certificat Organization Pro: up to 2 business days
Issuance speed for Organization Certificates:
- PostCertificate for Organizations: 5 to 10 business days (except hardware delivery outside Switzerland)
- BlueCerts powered by SwissSign Certificate for Organizations: 5 to 10 business days
These deadlines are standard values and may be subject to extraordinary exceptions (eg. important workload of the registration authority).
On account of regulations in Switzerland, SwissSign is unfortunately not permitted to issue certificates for the following countries:
- Central African Republic
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Ivory Coast
- Myanmar (Burma)
The issue of certificates is prevented here where possible. Certificate requests or the issue of certificates for these countries can also be immediately withdrawn in retrospect.