- Verification of identity: E-mail address and name or pseudonym of the applicant.
- Term of 1, 2 or 3 years
- File Format Certificate
- An unlimited number of copies can be used PCs and mobile devices.
- Available with BLUE PKI Management Service
- Telephone and e-mail support in English , French, Portugese and German
- The certificate is issued 2 days following receipt of all submitted documentation.
- Not generally usable for Adobe PDF signature. Only usable for internal purposes if Adobe is configured to use the Microsoft Certificate store.
- Native root CA in all web browser : logo See Compatibility
- Cryptographic elements : asymetric 2048 bits, encryption of up to 256 bits, SHA-2 256 bits signature hash algorithm
- Key use: Digital signature, non-repudiation, encryption key, key agreement, secure e-mail
- Distribution: All common browsers and platforms.
- License can be used on an unlimited number of computers and mobile devices.
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Support of directory services (LDAP) for mutual key exchange under the search field at www.swisssign.net or under directory.swisssign.net with the search basis ‹o=SwissSign,c=CH›
- EBCA conform
Applicant-specific entries in the certificate
- CN=common name: First name, last name or pseudonym (mandatory)
- Pseudonym is defined with the prefix ‹pseudo›: and can, for example, be used for general mailbox accounts (e.g. sales). The applicant is responsible for this pseudonym.
- C=country (mandatory)
- E=e-mail address (mandatory)
- ST=canton, federal state (optional)
- O=organisation (mandatory for organisation entry): Please select option “with organisation entry”.
- OU=organisational unit (optional for organisation entry): Please select option “with organisation entry”.
- Period of validity
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) entry contains the e-mail address.
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR.
- All binding guidelines for this certificate type are stipulated in the relevant Certificate Policy and Certification Practice Statement (CP/CPS): SwissSign Gold CP/CPS.